Everything you need to know about Encartele. Below CheapJailCalls.com customers can find the information they will need to use our service at facilities where the phone calls are governed by Encartele. Feel free to contact us at 1.800.526.1170 for any information that can not be found here.
Like with all inmate telephone service providers the cost of the calls with Encartele will vary depending on the location and kind of facility. Federal, State & County facilities have different rates and set- up rules. CheapJailCalls.com can help you save money by providing a local number to the facility where the inmate is housed thus avoiding the high cost of long distance collect inmate calls that would result if you set up an account directly with Encartele. If after reviewing this information you still wish to create an account with this provider you can do so using one of the following options:
Collect Inmate Calls
Inmate calls placed to approved telephone numbers by the correctional facility are billed to the receiving party through their regular phone bill. There is a ceiling placed by carriers as to the amount of collect calls you can receive. It varies from carrier to carrier and if you exceed the limit you are at risk of being blocked from future inmate calls. With Encartele you must first go through a series of validation checks to ensure their ability to connect and bill the call. In the event you can’t be validated there is another option:
By using this option you can place funds into your Encartele account to prepay all incoming inmate calls. This would be your best choice if you experience any of the following:
• You have a collect call restriction by your local phone provider
• You have exceeded the collect call limit
• You are unable to receive inmate calls on your cell phone, office phone, hospital phone or other commercial phone numbers • Your local telephone company does not bill for collect inmate calls
• Your phone number is blocked from receiving collect inmate calls
• You have a high collect call bill and want to manage your inmate calling budget
This option also offers incentives for deposits of $40 and over.
Prepaid Inmate Calling Cards
This option allows an inmate call to any number approved by the institution. At this time not all correctional institutions serviced by Encartele participate in the program.
All account set-up and payments as well as any customer service issues with this provider must be done through their website.
Blocked Call Resolution
Some of the reasons your call might be blocked include:
- Encartele might not have a billing contract with your local telephone service provider preventing you from receiving collect calls.
- Your local telephone service provider has a block on the line.
- Your local telephone service provider does not allow collect calls.
- Your prepaid collect call account has run out of funds and you need to add more
It is possible that your call could be dropped during a call from jail or prison. Encartele does not issue credit for any calls that are dropped due to a 3-way attempt. Some of the reasons a call would be considered a 3-way attempt and dropped by them include:
- Setting the phone down hard.
- Static on the line.
- Pushing a dial button.
- Allowing someone to pick up another phone connected to the line you are on.
- Accepting a call and then trying to forward it to another number.
- Taking an incoming call.